Sunday, August 28, 2011

Green Heron

I had a great bit of luck photographing this little heron in Arizona, and in August no less! I first noticed him perched rather curiously in a pine tree, but when he decided I was not threatening he soon returned to the water's edge, which provided me with much better lighting for some detail photography. In addition to the welcome shots of his lovely green and brown iridescence, I was very surprised to see how offset the Heron's rear toe was relative to the rest of his foot and to his leg.
Even though I couldn't get him to extend his neck or raise his crest, I consider this and the Red-Tailed Hawk some of the best photographical moments I've yet had, and am glad to be able to find such cooperative waders in the middle of the Summer.










No comments:

Post a Comment